Condo Blinds in Toronto
With the fastest pace of condo growth in North America, Toronto Condominium Blinds are a huge segment of what is currently being requested and even though roller shades are the most popular choice for condos, each unit will have its own unique sets of challenges dependent on the style of condominum and the use for which it is ultimately intended. The style of space, size and location of the windows as well as the budget can greatly influence the final decision on what window treatments are used. It is very important to know several items on the checklist before ordering window shades:
Condo Blinds Checklist:
- What type of ceiling do I have? (Concrete, plaster, drywall).
- How tall are my windows? (Some styles of blinds don't work well with large heights).
- Are there any irregular shapes or cutouts that may require an additional blind or add light gap.
- Where are the patio doors an any windows that may open. (oftentimes you want a control situated close to where a door or window is located).
- Most recently with new construction there are a lot of windows with sprinklers these sprinklers must be left open and unobstructed to the window as they protect bulidings that are close together from fire. Additional care must be taken before blinds and drapery can be installed in such units.
As you can see there are a lot of concerns with installing window blinds and drapery in a condo the checklist above just mentions a few. Using a professional company to supply and install blinds and drapes is a sure way to make sure there are no issues with the installation or property insurance down the road.
Some of the most popular window treatments in condos are Roller Shades and Silhouettes as well as Panel Tracks and Vertical Blinds in wide windows. Many rental condos use Vertical blinds as they are inexpensive and effective at light control. Roller shades are by far the most popular window coverings blinds for condos in the GTA as they are easy to use stylish and fit well with the minimal and smaller condos currently available in new construction.
The most poular drapery treatments for condominums in Toronto are Ripplefold and Pinch Pleated depending on the overall look you want to acheive.
Please give us a call at 1 (877) 774-8298 with any questions or to schedule a free in home consultation.